View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

I buy sell and trade on Craigslist all the time. The difference between selling electronics and music gear is usually pretty great. Electronics, especially phones and laptops, can be very sketchy! I had a guy ask if I would meet him BEHIND a grocery store! Nope! Most musicians I have dealt with prefer safer meetings.

Low ballers are inevitable. The key is to mark up what you are selling 10-20% to get close to what you are asking. I have only once replied to an ad with an offer for full asking price. Sometimes people just want to feel like they got a good deal.

My only rant is when people list an item and say that calling or texting is the only method of contacting them, rather than email. I don't want you to have my phone number, unless we are going to make a deal. I don't want to talk to you for 20 minutes when I simply want to know one tiny bit of information you left out of your ad., such as the color of said item. If you don't use email, the internet is probably not the best method to sell your goods.