View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

Quote:
Hmmm, you gotta thicken your skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
People are people, and some of them are going to try to lowball you, some are going to be late or flake out all together, and some are going to meet with you and then decide "no, nevermind." That's just the way it is. People are going to act the way they're going to act. Discouraged? No, it's a free internet service to bring people together, and there are no intrinsic rules--I'm actually thankful for the ease of use. Annoyed? Yeah, sometimes, but like I said, people are people, and you've got to roll with it.

If you're discouraged or disappointed, then your expectations of how your encounter is going to go are too high.
+1

I love the 'democratic' nature of it. Anybody can do anything. Actually, what I find most annoying/perilous is the people who don't know anything about what they are selling. I once saw an ad for a 'guitar for sale' for like $200 and they had a picture of a Martin. Of course, I called to ask for some details, like could they read the label inside, serial no., etc. The answer was , "um, it looks like the one in the picture". You just have to be careful.