View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

I have low-balled, been low-balled, flaked, been flaked on, and bought and sold tons of things successfully on CL. I've used this forum as a means of credentials when I've asked to have things shipped. Some of the greatest deals, and finds I've gotten have been via adhuntr.com which is basically a site that lets you search ALL CL ads at once if you're looking for something specific.

I think, on the whole, that CL is way better than eBay especially when you are buying something as specific as drum gear. You tend to be dealing with like-minded people both in their obsession and thrift (for better or worse). Not saying that there aren't risks and problems, but I've been lucky so far.

As far as dealing with low-ballers. That's something you just have to accept. I have only dug my heels in on price a couple of times and they still ended up coming back to pay full price. But usually I list something for more than I expect to get anyway in order to pad the whole negotiating process. I even had one guy refuse my offer only to re-list an item months later for less than I orginally offered him. You won't always get exactly what you want, but that is the definition of a compromise. ;) In short, I love Craigslist....