View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

I am a low-baller, and I try to get the best price I can. I'm also a realist, and I know when I see a price, I can get it maybe for 20 to 30 less than the price shown if they are motivated to sell. I hate it when people say the price is "firm". They are not motivated sellers and won't negotiate. I mean, wtf, is this a brick-n-mortar store? Why wouldn't you negotiate? Bump up the price 20 bucks and negotiate. I usually don't even call these "firm-price" people anyway because these are the people who are difficult, and why the hell would you advertise a firm price on C/L anyway? That's not the way it works. Sorry.

As far as safety goes, I usually just buy music stuff from good neighborhoods where there are people like me. Safety has never been an issue, but I am very aware of those bad deals that have gone down now and then that you hear about. Some guy got shot and killed in front of his son a couple months ago over a cell phone deal. We're talking about getting killed over just a couple hundred bucks. Life is cheap.

My Tama drum set was advertised for 250 and I got it for 220. It was being advertised for a month and a half before I bought it, so the guy was willing to come down a little or else the thing won't sell. I personally would never buy a Black Beauty anywhere because I think those things are way over-priced, even used. When you think about what you can get in the 250 to 400 range, it would be silly for a guy like me to buy a Black Beauty.