View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Interesting, in the two clips I viewed, he was dragging at times. He definitely needs to work on locking-in with tracks (if playing-along is how he intends to present himself.)
I was going to say that as well, but, listening to the video I posted while I typed, I decided it was much more on the pushing side. He did drag in a few fills though. It's just not brilliant time.

Quote:
Seems like a sincere guy though
I agree, and I don't want to denigrate or disrespect him for having a go and putting himself out there. He does seem to have set himself up as a Big Deal though, and I think there's a lot of blinding with science going on, the stick tricks, the histrionics of the performance...the focus looks to be on entertainment first, music second, and personally I like an equal measure of both.

However I also know well that sometimes you have to go out there and get stuff wrong in order to truly grow as a performer, it's an unfortunate reality of our times that your early performances are no longer one-off transient experiences quickly lost in the mists of time, but recordings that people can go over and criticize again and again and again (for which I apologize, COOP3RDRUMM3R, if you ever happen to read this!)