View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Music for life ???

I actually remember my 15th birthday. I got a grey Members Only jacket, a new Sony Walkman that played cassette tapes, and my uncle gave me a cassette tape of Genesis - Three Sides Live. Man, I wore that tape out and it is still my favorite Genesis album. Why I don't own a copy today? I can't say.

At that age I was listening to the usual stuff: Van Halen, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Ratt, Motley Crue, Journey, Tom Petty, Cars, The Clash, Whitesnake, Great White, Def Leppard, KISS, and a lot of the stuff that Mary O listed. I didn't catch the Metallica/Slayer wave until a couple years later because by then I lived up in the mountains.

I still like and listen to some of the songs from back then. Especially stuff like the Clash, Van Halen & Tom Petty. Some of that stuff has real staying power, some doesn't. I still play a couple songs nobody has heard of on my guitar such as Face the Day by Great White and Nobody Knows by Billy Squier. It's a lovely song.