View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Another singing vid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I think you are seeing things as they really are. You are discovering strengths that you never realized you had. You have good time, can understand song forms, you can actually play drums, AND you can do lead vocals.

I can't tell you how many singers I know...singers with good voices...who don't understand song form. Meaning when someone is taking a solo, these singers can't hear the chord progressions, or can't hear that the soloist needs a 2nd time around the progression to culminate their solo to a peak. I've seen so many singers cut the solo short to come back in with their vocals.

YOU understand song form. YOU have a musicians ear and a singers voice. YOU have great, steady meter. YOU have the Ruby Slippers girl, just click your heels and make a wish.

Seriously, a singer who understands song form and can hear when a soloist is done or not....you've got a lot of raw material to work with.

So you're doing terrific Mary O. Keep on with your singing. You continue to be an inspiration and we all love you here.

Madge's idea is a home run. 2 bands. Issue resolved. Singers are the most rare, compared to the other instrument players, so you have that going for you too.
THIS.

I am dealing with a worship leader at my church right now who has no concept of song form, and it's not conducive. Singers have to be as musically schooled as any band member to make it work.

Mary, you've got it far ahead of many folks who don't even know how to count! Go for it.