View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 03:24 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Didn't want to start a separate thread saying I'm new here, so, I'm trying this instead. I guess I've been a "lurker" but now that I'm playing a lot more drum set and playing live sometimes, I think this place will be very handy. I've already found so much great information!

Real Name?: Classicdrumchica, duh!!!
How long have you been playing? Since 2001 or so..

Origin of user name? Classic = classic rock, drum = well, obviously I play the drums and chica = not a dude
Top 5 drummers? How do I possibly choose??? But I happen to really like John Bonham, Max Roach, Buddy Rich (yeah yeah, I know, REAL original), Ginger Baker and Tom Float (drum corps)

Drum kit - Off-brand unknown maple
Make of Cymbal - Sabian

Where do you Practice? Wherever I possibly can...
Are you in a band? Play with a few groups of people but no "band" at this point

What styles of music: Classic rock is one, but I also like jazz, blues, funk, motown, some alternative...
Covers or originals? I'd like to play mostly originals, but at the moment it's pretty much covers

Favorite takeout food? Thai and pizza
What Country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about myself? I don't get headaches, pretty handy when being a drummer
How did I get into drumming? Always used to "drum" on walls and windows, pots and pans, etc. when I was little and was generally fascinated by it. So it was just a matter of time...thankfully my family supported my decision!