View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Another singing vid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Mary if everybody in your world wanted you to get out front and sing....and leave the drumming to someone else (not because your drumming is bad, because it's a shame to have a singer trapped behind the drums) would you do it? Could you do it?
A good question and a scary one. I've been thinking a lot about it lately. I just don't know. The thought of giving up the drums completely makes me really sad. It's not a matter of being scared to do it...I think being a lead singer would be a blast. However, I just love playing the drums, too. I guess my ideal situation would be to form a band with another drummer/singer where we could split the duties (yeah, that's going to be easy to find....lol).

Here's the thing, though. I know that I'll never be a super drummer...mediocre at best. Not putting myself down, just being realistic. It's not a natural talent for me and I have to work too hard to be even so-so. Singing, however, is something that I seem to have more raw talent for to begin with which makes me think with some training I might could do pretty well at it.

I guess what I need to do is get into another band situation and see what talent we have. Maybe there would be a chance for me to do a little of both. I don't know.

I'd love to hear what some of you think....