View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Another singing vid...

While I agree that Shemp could have bit his tongue, you have to take the good with the bad. He's a smart guy with definite well thought out opinions, (mostly) but it seems he is a bit lacking on sensitivity to others feelings. Putting one's singing out there takes...I don't know exactly what it takes, but whatever it is.... it's to be admired. Shemp is like the really great loving Dad that every so often beats his kids. Once I got his number, it was a lot easier to overlook any social shortcomings he has.

IDK, to see one of our precious female members put something as personal as singing out there for public consumption, and then kind of questioning her motives and basically disrespecting her, you have to wonder about that. I have to wonder if I put my singing out there (for instance, being male) if he would have reacted the same way.

It seems like he has a split personality at times. Still, I'd like to see him come back, despite his shortcomings. And we all have them. Shemp is an exercise in tolerance, something the world needs more of. IIRC, this is his first forum experience. There's certain protocols, and it's a bit of a learning curve. I have to wonder if he would have reacted the same way if it were a face to face situation.

Come back Shemp!