View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Music Resume and Teaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
I am currently in the process of updating and modifying my resumes. I just got out of school full time and want to include my school related info. This got me thinking, why not a music resume?

A musical resume for me would be rather in depth. I have tons of band, studio, and live experience, as well as some teaching and freelance work.

I know lots of folks have business cards, but does that do any good if you are looking for a teaching job, or are starting up your own individual teaching program?

Just looking for others' opinions on this, and if you do have a music resume, does/has it helped at all? Or would I just be wasting my time?
Good question....I took a 14 month sabbatical back in 05/06 and went to GIT and remodeled my kitchen. I thought, well, maybe I will teach guitar for some extra bones....I did exactly what you are asking about...made a nice 1 page music resume, had it printed on some sweet paper and laminated. Got two interviews here and one teaching offer. By the time the offer came around, I decided to get back to engineering so I did not take the job. I learned a lot going through the process though. Lots of noise on CL, so my philosophy was hand delivering the resumes to local shops and talking to the people up front.

I say do it.

Last edited by shemp; 12-27-2013 at 12:51 AM.