View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: How did Keith Moon play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkerz View Post
See, I just don't really get it with The Who... Like I said, they weren't part of my generation (pardon the pun).

I can see why they were popular, and yeah, Moon was a beast behind the drums, not saying that, but if anyone did that these days, they'd probably get slated for their playing by everyone on this forum.

Give anyone a bag full of Es and put them behind a drum kit and i'm sure Good ol' Moonie will reappear ;-)
Yes Moon was a one off. You could argue he was the "Ultimate" Rock and Roll drummer. Never frightened to try something new. He was slated by someone on another site for never playing the same thing twice???

I would say it is much more artistic, and difficult, to play what jumps into your head at that precise moment in time, and risk something new, than simply play what you have practiced 1000 times before, and will play exactly the same the following night. I know I don't have the nerve to do it. Rock is supposed to be about excitement.

You could say, in that respect, that he was an artist, and the other drummers were simply painting by numbers.