View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Do drummers have the ability to transcend time and space?

The Lorentz equations and the special relatively concepts only apply when you are not accelerating. When your stick goes up and comes back down, its constantly accelerating, so I don't know the we can make these generalizations, but I may be wrong.

Also, you the player aren't really moving at all when you are playing singles, just your sticks, so you won't experience any of this if it were happening. I consider you, the play, the observer, and the sticks the relativistic object.. Just for the sake of argument, say you could play singles at relativistic speeds, as you play faster and faster, you wouldn't be able to perceive the increase in speed because the sticks are experience time dilation. Like when particles accelerate to speeds near the speed of light as those are eaten by a blackhole, an observe would see that cloud of particles slow down so much that light emitted by the particles would stretch into red-er wavelengths and you'll see the cloud fade away very slowly, very very slowly.

Last edited by wsabol; 12-24-2013 at 01:55 AM.