View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:15 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Howdy! I'm Martha Lentz

-Live in Lakewood, WA

-I'm the drummer for 3 outfits... Band called One Step Closer, my church worship team, and a duo with a guy where we play oldies but goodies at veterans homes and retirement centers.

-Career as a hydrogeologist/geologist. Currently working part time as a geologist for a consulting firm reviewing technical reports. Retired in 2012 from EPA as a hydrogeologist for 31 years.

-Hobbies include (other than drums) tying paracord stuff like plant hangers, survival bracelets, and dog collars and leashes ... here's my web site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KnottyUNeeks

I love riding my Harley Heritage, playing video games like LOTRO and FFXIV.
Raising my doberman pup for the last few months... he's almost 9 months old now, and is the sweetest dog in the world! Love my 2 cats and 2 pigmy goats too!

I played acoustic guitar for years, and still do when they need me at church.

I'm married with 2 grown kids, ages 27 and 25.... no grand kids yet!

Havin' a blast playing drums in a classic rock group!

Edit: Just realized you wanted me to answer certain questions:

Real Name? Martha
Age? 56
How long have you been playing? 3 years
Origin of user name? have red hair
Your top 5 drummers? Jon Bonham, Neil Pert
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian
Where do you practice? At home with electronic drums, and at church on my acoustic set
Are you in a band? yep... Classic rock/contemporary country band called One Step Closer, Praise Chapel worship team
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Classic rock, contemporary Christian and country.
Favourite take out food? Pizza!!!
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself? I worked on Mt. St. Helens for 5 years in the 1980's and almost got killed in the crater.
How did you start drumming? My son had Rockband, and I found I could do it and it was fun! lol.... not very dramatic, eh?
Psalm 46:10