View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: The Grand Master BR

I am amazed at how few people replied to this. I am even more amazed that it took so long for someone to make a thread on Buddy Rich. I am only 15. I was never alive at the same time as him. I feel that I would have more friends in the drummer world if I was born a few decades ago. Buddy Rich is by far the best drummer ever. And now a-days all I hear about is how Travis Barker or Joey Jordison are the greatest drummers ever. At least from people my age. I have grown to hate most Blink 182 and Slipknot fans because they are soo close minded. They refuse to listen to Buddy Rich. And not because he plays jazz or because he doesn't play death metal. It is because he died. They don't think a dead drummer could be good. Buddy Rich is faster with better technique then any drummer I have ever heard. His arogence and the willingness to back it up. He not only a great drummer. He is an icon. There should be a bronze statue of him somewhere. No drummer has influenced more modern drummers and non-drummers than anyone.

Buddy Rich is drumming with the gods.