View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:55 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Brand spanking new to this forum.

Real name? Doug

Age? 59

How long have you been playing? Off and on for 47 years

Origin of user name? Being older than dirt and having played a number of different kits over the years I've come full circle and realize the vintage drum makers had it right all along. No more trends for me.

Your top 5 drummers? Russ Kunkel, Matt Chamberlain, Jim Keltner, Stevie DiStanislao, Neil Peart (lots more respect and love for a much longer list of drummers than these five)

Make of drumkit? Rescued many of the last Yamaha Recording Custom shells in Antique Sunburst from the Japanese factory before the series was discontinued

Make of cymbal? Switched to nearly all Istanbul Agops with a few vintage Sabians, two 80's Wuhan Chinese cymbals and a new Bosphorus 18" 18-hole crash

Where do you practice? Private rehearsal studio

Are you in a band? Not at this time, but will start filling in for worship at my church

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers

What style of music? Wide variety of musical tastes

Favorite take out food? Jimboy's Beef Tacos and Blue Coast Burritos Fish Tacos

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? My dad's side of the family are direct descendants from the Vikings: pillage and plunder sort of stuff

How did you start drumming? I watched the Beatles perform live on the Ed Sullivan show when I was 9 years old. Watching Ringo having fun rocking it out, I knew instantly I had to play the drums.

Last edited by Vintage Old School; 12-14-2013 at 06:58 AM.