View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Car problems??? Ask away!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
Does the filter thread properly and tighten? Is it possible that you may have cross threaded it some how?

Also did you say a year,with the same filter?I think it's time for an oil and filter change.I always change the filter with the oil.It only cost around 25 bucks for 5 qts. of oil,and a new filter,at Pep boys or a dozen other places.Every 3-4000 miles.

Steve B
Yes, it is properly threaded. It was properly tightened and seated, and yes I did say a year. I have been financially strapped this past year and anytime I get the money to take care of much needed things, something always comes up. I know $25 might not seem like much, but it is for a poor, married student like myself. Last time I had extra money and was going to change the oil and filter, the heater core went out so I ended up changing that instead.

Next has to be the header panel, head lights, and turn signals because a deer tried to commit suicide and did some minor front end damage. There is another $200 I don't have right now.