View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Default Re: The death of Rock n Roll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
I think what I was getting at originally was current day styles being played in the spirit of RocknRoll if that makes any sense. To me, people like Miley Cyrus and the Gaga Lady are not where rocknroll ought to be.
But then I listen to bands like Foo Fighters and I sense that the spirit is still floating around. I'm probably just showing my age here...
Dunno, Grohl seems as much a pop-oriented songwriter as Gaga. Isn't that the whole thing with that guy? That's he's this one-man clearinghouse for music nostalgia, much of which is pop? If one minute he's reuniting Voivod, the next the Beatles. Lay you ten to one he drums for Miley before she's done.

Most of us don't know one-tenth of all the music that's out there, but It's always going to be true that the music you dislike the most is the music you know the least about. There's an old story about a famous writer who ranted for hours at a party about a film he hated. Somebody thought to ask if the writer had even seen the film. 'Of course I haven't seen the film,' the writer retorted. 'Do you think I would waste my time seeing a film as bad as I have described?'