Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Travis Barker

Travis Barker gets a lot of bad rap, and I'll admit, I used to be one of the biggest anti-Barker drummers out there. But the fact is, it's not Barker that is obnoxious, it's his fans. Travis could play a 4/4 rock beat, call it a solo, and people would lose their minds. He's a rock star, more than a drummer. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I've never heard of him claiming he was better than anyone else..

I have seen videos of his playing, and his technique is awful. He holds the sticks like he's ready to go into battle, and he's always breaking cymbals, busting heads, I mean the dude is down right abusive to his equipment. But rather you think he's good or bad, he is one of the world's most famous drummers, and he's known for what he does, so we have no right to criticize the dude for it. I listen to a little Blink 182 on my own time - my wife loves the band.

And also don't forget, he has a wife and kids, and nearly died in a plane crash. The dude is still getting tattoos repaired from when they were burned off in the crash. Him and another fellow were the only survivors.