View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Dunno Reg. Our bassist's dog is a vicious, paranoid chronically aggressive little animal - mad as a meat axe. I wish they had a pill for her :D

Looking at the various myths, it seems to me that the Buddhists seem to have intuited quantum physics. A lot of what I've found out about quantum seemed similar to stuff I read during my 20s Buddhism phase (never actually joined up or even really believed it, just read a lot and tried to meditate). That, of course, doesn't mean that other Buddhism claims aren't baloney.

Intuition is great, but it can be hit or miss.
You should read the Tao of Physics, it's Taoist, but there are common strands with Buddhism and the book is of course all about physics :)

I've really enjoyed the time I lived in Sri Lanka -- where the majority population is Buddhist and where the Buddha is believed to have attained moksa (nirvana) -- when I was young. An interesting culture. Of course, nowadays, the monks are all into politics and were hurling bombs at minorities until not so long ago.

That poor doggie is probably just regurgitating the lessons that life has taught him. He's a guard dog, no doubt. His master on earth has told him to be aggressive and guard the house. His master in heaven no doubt tells him not to bite the hand that feeds and be a good doggie.