View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 06:21 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: The death of Rock n Roll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeplyTuna View Post
There's great stuff going on in metal in the last decade, and even now, if only people would look. As for machines.... drummers are becoming the machines. Listen to Gene Hoglan, Thomas Haake, Danny Walker, Ed the dude who plays for Ayreon, Cult of Luna's two drummers, the list goes on and on. The stuff that you don't hear on the radio is where all the action is.
I have to second this. This is where all the creativity lies as far as I am concerned. While I don't like ALL of it, I do like a whole lot of it. The drumming is almost beyond what seems humanly possible, the guitars are wandering all over the place and using things like sweeps as normal everyday fodder, the vocals have come to a point to where they can be from clean to Cookie monster and everything in between. The music takes paths that remind me of classical music. There are no limits, just like Rock used to be. Here is your new Rock n Roll.

Alright, maybe it isn't for everyone. So I see it like this: My dad doesn't like my music (metal), my grandfather didn't like my dads music (60's-70's rock), my great grandfather I never knew, but I would be willing to bet he didn't like my grandfathers music (polka). Now the funny thing about it is the younger generation does like the older generations music in my case.