View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:19 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Internet censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
You have to be more specific. On what site were they removed/censored? If you're looking at Youtube .....
"YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005 and owned by Google since late 2006, on which users can upload, view and share videos."
So yeah, expect some censorship. After all, the people who own/pay for the web sites have the power. And rightly they should. It's their dime.
Yeah Youtube Har. If the powers that be are telling YT to remove videos, I'm not OK with that. Why should YT remove videos? The more views, the more dollars in ads I thought. I don't believe for a second that the owners of YT are interested in protecting our morality. It's all about the money, everywhere. It seems like they are being told by someone to remove some JFK vids, and who knows what others. Why aren't the kitty torture vids removed? Access to certain info is what is being controlled.

As far as someone yelling Fire! in a theater...yes we have freedom of speech. But people still have to suffer the consequences of their own dumb behavior. I don't understand what that has to do with internet censorship anyway. The freedom to say what you want, and the blocking of information are two different things.

Gomez Addams