View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Renegade

Default Re: A bit of much needed honesty today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
I do find it strange now that I think about it though. I always held AZ to be a pretty conservative state but we have required emission tests same as California. I have to go get it checked every year before I renew my vehicle registration.
Harking back to the basis of conservatism and liberalism - exploited workers struggling against the yoke of their oppressors bla bla - I wonder if having to get your car checked for fumes is actually "liberal"? It looks neutral to me.

All sides of politics are far more Machiavellian than honest, hence their continued existence (anyone trying to be truthful in politics will HAVE NO alliances and soon get chewed up and spat out). People take their ethical cues from politicians and honesty is increasingly seen as naivete, so it makes instances of honesty like Bo described seem special rather than commonplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
My father in law likes Coronas, me not so much. I jokingly told him once "Mexicans don't drink their own urine."
It might look more like pee than the ghastly stuff Ian posted, but at least it doesn't taste like it :)

YouTube

Off-the-wall