View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Double Pedal Bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperGTR View Post
I had never even thought of that.

Let me know how it works!

How far do expand your connecting rod? I don't think I ever measured mine, but I'm curious if we can fold in a similar manner. I connect the Speed Cobras about halfway up each extension.
I don't expand mine too far. My pedal spread is just beyond the footprint of the 14" snare. I will try to remember to bring a measuring tape to tomorrow's gig. Everything is already packed up and at my guitar player's house.

I have to say, I am somewhat surprised that some drum bag/case company has not capitalized on our lazy needs. How hard would it be to design a case that looks like half a pie with the two pedals angled outward like they would be when set up, and be able to keep the double pedal as one solid unit.

Sure it's is not a cute little rectangle or square, but given all the choices out there today, if I saw a more oddly shaped case that would allow me to open the top, pull the pedal out, attach it to the bass drum and be ready to play...

... I would buy it in a heartbeat. BOOM!

And all the other bass pedal manufactures would have to come up with their own damn version pretty quickly. Why would anyone want to take beaters off, take off the connecting rod again, again, and again when they could leave it set up as a unit. Also you would be less likely to strip those tiny lug bolts and other moving parts by keeping it together instead of slowly grinding them over the years through set up and tear down.

It just makes sense.