View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:36 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Atlas mount: good and bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
I added a pair of Ludwig Atlas Anchor Spurs that use the Atlas mounts to the 20" virgin bass drum on my 1968 Keystone kit today. It had the original vintage 3/8" gull wing spurs.
The Atlas Anchors made a big difference in the volume and the punch. 3 ply shells are very affected by hardware that is mounted on them. The drum is also much more stable especially when I am rolling with my double pedals.
The Atlas mounts are a winner as far as I am concerned. I can't find any cons to using them.
I was wondering about those spurs, and I'm happy to hear that they work so well. I know I keep talking about having my Ludwig kit refurbished, and I will do it as soon as possible, meaning when I have the dough, but when Ludwig came out with the Atlas mounts I couldn't believe it. They're perfect for fixing up my drums. But I just wasn't sure about those spurs, they look so weird and I wondered how solid they'd be.

But now it's the new Atlas hardware all the way. Just what I needed for my project. I see this stuff as being a real innovation, quite brilliant really, and so simple. Way to go Ludwig.