View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Looking for 1-1/2" tube lugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
I had essentially the same experience. Ordered a bunch of mini tubes, and didn't get so much as a confirmation email. I was worried that they weren't doing business anymore, as the site hasn't been updated in years, so I called. They assured me they received the order and I would see them in a couple of weeks. It was about 2-3 weeks for me. They got everything right, thankfully. Though, I only took that kit to a few gigs, and the powder coat is already chipping off of some of the lugs.

On a side note, they should include a little bottle of loctite with their lugs. I had issues with my screws falling out inside the drum, because the threads were just too smooth. They'd work their way out over time. I took each screw out, and put a drip of super glue on the threads and put them back in. Haven't had a problem since.

Also, they should tap out the threads before shipping their product. After the powder coating, it seems there was some residue left in the threads of the lugs, and some of them are a bit sluggish, but I'm just nitpicking at this point.
I've luckily only had one of my screws get loose in the few weeks I've had the kit, but I did purposefully go a little tight on them (and went without washers on the rack toms because they collided with my re-rings.