Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
sounds like double strokes to me.

"See how is wrist is not moving? It's because he is using the Moeller Technique."

http://www.derrickpope.net/moellertechnique.wmv

i believe the man says something about the whipping motion of the wrists having to do with the bounce control being fundemental to the moeller technique. i dont know......you check it out

anyways, it is possible for him to do a triplet just then, moeller or otherwise. but the poster described it as a "one handed ROLL thingy" which is a gross overstatement. the event itself, the "phantom no wrist moeller ROLL thingy" or double strokes was hardly memorable

this is me being nice

EDIT:"Just wondering if anyone knows what technique he uses (Moeller, french,german, etc). He plays a lot of one handed stuff, for example the boost mobile commercial. If anyone could get back to me I would greatly appreciate it, thanks"

look what i just noticed, a very revealing earlier post. the way you can tell if a drummer is using moeller technique is by the dramatic WHIP OF THE WRISTS, in a fast drum roll you will see the arms and wrist noticable drop in an up in down motion to keep the strokes in loop

they may sound that way but they arnt, look at his right hand doing 8th notes on the rim.