View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Trying to put a module into my Yamaha DD-65 e-drum kit

Hi wildbill,
What I'm trying to do is simply like; Adding a module to the Yamaha percusion pad so I can have more Pads, and realism in it.

Ok, for the moment we can forget about the sounds, since I'll be using a software in the PC and not the midi sounds from the digital drums/module (I don't like them). The important point here is to have more pads. Well, I'm thinking more in the new DTX502 module rather, instead of the DTX500. Since the DTX502 have USB connection so I can have direct connection to the PC without complicate much about the Midi IN thing (?), so what are the possibilities with this one? All I need is that my Yamaha DD65 running together with the module and to be able to use it as a whole with my PC.
Here's some pictures of the DTX502 model;

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products...odules/dtx502/

In the worst case scenario I'll build my own e-drum kit from this module, but I want to exhaust all possibilities before spending more money.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
It's not clear exactly what you're trying to do, but here's a little info.

You have to hook pads up to the dtx500 for it to work. It also has midi out, but no midi in.
So I think you could hook pads up to your 500 and then use its midi out to trigger more sounds from the dd65, which has midi in.

The midi out on your dd65 can be used to trigger another module that has midi in, or to input midi data into a computer. The computer needs some type of midi interface though.

You can't trigger other sounds inside the dtx500 besides using pads because it has no midi in.

Last edited by presence; 11-11-2013 at 11:40 PM.