Originally Posted by RinkRat
How many of you using this type of setup, play open handed?
From the last few days of playing this way, it looks as though I need to alter the setup a bit. As comfortable as everything else with this configuration is for me, the hats are just a bit further away than I'd like.
- Move the 13" tom to the floor, by the 16"
- Replace the 12" with a 8" or 10"
- Learn to play Open <*GULP*>
- Move to a 20" Bass Drum
- Buy a longer sticks
- Mount hats on Bass Drum & use remote
I don't play open handed naturally, but do a lot of open handed stuff on a set up like this. Both hands can easily reach the hats and both cymbals.
You left out an option:
7. Raise the rack toms and move them over