View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Played with a Throne Butt Kicker for the First Time

Very interesting thread.

I'm looking for a way to upgrade my new Carmichael throne by some tactile monitor system. I learned that Fischer Amps (Germany) are distributing the Porter & Davies systems so I sent them an e-mail and got a reply today. The throne top I have is only 13'' in diameter so the shaker would be mounted to the base of the throne as there's hardly any space to mount it to the bottom side of the top.

On a German forum I read that mounting the shaker(s) to the throne base can work, too - it might be less 'kicky' but create a more homogenuous vibration. I happen have 4 cheapo shakers - nothing decent but I guess 2 of them might work. Let's see.

The P&D look like the perfect solution if money is no concern though.

At this year's Frankfurt Musikmesse I briefly tried some butt kick system at the Pearl booth - they had a bunch of them, I guess it's their Throne Thumper system - but that one wasn't too impressive. It produced some rumble but it felt like there was too much of a latency and no real kick, 'just' some undirected rumble - better than nothing but I guess different systems are way better than this.