View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: I think it's time we address why stock heads are so bad

Not like for like. Your "race ready" top of the range Kwaka already has better components etc than a run of the mill entry level 250cc roadie that was designed for a learner rider. There's no way they use the same pipes....or brake pads...or other like componantry, as they do on a bike that you pay a shite load more for. In the same way that top of the range kits usually have professional level Remo or Evans anyway.

At the end of the day, if you dig the sound that's great....means more money in your pocket. But I hear a difference......and a vast difference at that. I'm certainly not alone either.....a plethora of threads on the topic tell me so. I need no convincing that entry level through to intermediate kits fitted with cheaper Remo UT's, comparable Evans (or worse still, those horrific ultra-cheap no name, mylar things that look like they have a bit of white paint splashed on them), benefit greatly from swapping those heads out. Not only that, I would encourage anyone who has the coin to do so. The difference will be notable.