View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Hardware: my diva requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
I agree with you on all points.
Lightweight single braced gear-less hardware is a wonderful thing.
Most hardware manufacturers offer a set screw lock so gear-less tilters won't slip once set to desired position.
My fav single pedal is a Tama/Camco with a wire frame. I do understand the need for flat pedal bases for doubles though.
I use small hardware bags that are 36" long x15" round.
I wish that someone would make a sturdy lightweight throne with a backrest.
All of my thrones are heavy. A screw height adjuster works well but I do admit that the gas ones are more convenient.
Yes, knowing the tube specs on hardware is a good idea for those who want to mix and match.
Cool - I think Gibraltar do a universal backrest thing that will fit a lightweight throne that they do. This throne has been recommended to me:
http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...sid=691&cid=37

The floorplate is an interesting issue - yes, I can see why one is needed for double pedals and stability for the stompers. Actually, my favourite pedal that I am looking at is the Pearl Eliminator Direct Drive - a fabulous pedal, but it needs the floorplate because of the single post. It comes with a nice bag so it is not a terrible problem.

I think Gibraltar are certainly getting there, and I think I will be able to construct a setup from a lot of their stuff.

But I do love the quality and engineering of Pearl - if I had a roadie, I would use all Pearl stuff!