View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: I think it's time we address why stock heads are so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
But what if you endorse the non-supplied company & have a gig the next day? I don't think that's fussy, nor a situation where someone just prefers a different manufacturer.
If you endorse the company, you probably get a great deal on their products, so it wouldn't be as big of a deal to replace the stock heads as it would be to your average drummer.

Those of us who are on a tight budget can't always afford to replace the stock heads, especially after we just spent so much on the drum(s). I don't really have the money to buy a new snare head, on account of some medical and dental bills that recently arose, but I'm going to have to scrape together some cash and buy one anyway, because I have a gig tonight. Had they provided better heads, I wouldn't have to replace the head so soon. Even had they charged a little extra for the price of the drum, that would have been fine. I would have been willing to pay a bit more for the drum if it had come with decent heads. I don't really think I should HAVE to pay more for something that, to me, should be such a given, but I'm willing to if that's how it has to be.

To me, it's kind of like buying a car. You know that, eventually, you'll have to replace the brake pads, but you also know that the pads which came on the car are of decent quality, and will last quite some time before you have to worry about it. They don't sell you a car with brake pads that fall apart after a few months, because they want that vehicle to function perfectly, as soon as you get it, and function properly for some time before you have to replace any parts. Sure, you can replace all the parts you want with what you would prefer, but you don't HAVE to quickly replace parts to make sure the vehicle is still drivable.