View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Single Strap Drive Pedal (Yamaha, Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celereon View Post
I'm actually in Australia (I had it in my location but it must have disappeared, I think it's back now) - so prices are a little different. I think the Pearl is also a bit cheaper because its more well known so there's a bit more demand and sales (I just found it for $149). The 2 hour drive is to the nearest store that even stocks Yamaha, I'd have to make sure they had this pedal in store first.

double_G, do you mean the HS-850 hi hat stand?

I'm leaning towards the Yamaha right now, just emailing all the music stores in Australia to see if I can find a lower price. Is the Yamaha good because of the price, or is it just generally an excellent pedal? It's really looking like I won't be able to get it cheaper than the Eliminator so I'm wondering if that new information makes the Eliminator the better choice.
I think the Yamaha is just a great strap drive pedal in general. There seems to be a pretty average weight to the actual motion. its well made and very dynamic. I have always been a fan of strap drives and this is my favorite that I have played. However I have not tried the Eliminator so I can't speak for it. Who knows it may be better than the Yamaha but all I can do is give you info on the Yamaha.