Since I'm new, I suppose the next step is for me to show my rig. :) I'll have to try to get better pics of the wrap since I have next to no light upstairs in the practice loft.
The kit is a 10 year old Spaun maple in gold abalone wrap. It was kind of an odd choice since I usually like painted satin finishes, but it's unique and looks so good under stage lights. I've been toying around with the setup going between one up two down, and vice versa, and moving the ride way up high back to the regular position shown here.......trying to find what might be comfortable after such a long break from playing.
I've settled on using a 1970 Ludwig Supra for the main snare and switching the Spaun snare to the left. The Spaun snare came with the Nickel Drumworks strainer that apparently had all sorts of issues. The snare never left my home in ten years, and was only played occasionally for about two of those. Not a week after I brought this kit out of storage, the strainer fell apart right in the spot that everyone else had problems.
The Mapex brass Master 3x13 thats in these pics will have to sit tight. It's an amazing recording drum, but runs a little thin for gigging use.
Cymbals go from left to right
- 14" Sabian HHX Stage Hats or 14" Paiste Alpha Sound Edge Hats
- 12" (what I think is a) Wuhan made mini china
- 18" Zildjian Impulse Ride
- 16" Sabian AAX Dark Crash
- 15" Sabian AAX Studio Crash
- 21" Sabian AA Rock Ride or 22" Paiste Alpha 1st gen Heavy Ride
- 19" Sabian AAX Dark Crash
- 16" Stack with a Sabian AA Chinese, 10" AAX splash, and a 14" gongy sounding Chinese crash