View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Abe, that's pretty close to my thought on karma action / reaction. Yes, the cultural overlay (oppression) is just politics and power.

Karma is well represented in song.

The Jam: What you give is what you get.

The Beatles: And in the end the love that you take is equal to the love you make.

John Lennon: Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you right in the face, you better get yourself together, join the human race

Even Justin Timberlake: What goes around comes around.

Not so sure about the below, tho, so I will counter with something less plausible :)

Quote:
...we dont die -as in end-. We evaporate and disintegrate into the atmosphere and the elements and reappear in another form which is loosely determined by the previous actions of this energy.
I think that dissipation is exactly the death many of us fear. The loss of our personality and individuality. Floating around in mindless fragments of cosmic compost isn't exactly most people's idea of a good afterlife :)

Thing is ... what is it that dissipates? We change all our atoms every 7 years. Consciousness will dissipate with brain death, presumably.

According to my peak experience we (whatever we are beneath the atoms) dissipate into a vibrant and welcoming ocean of bliss. While a peak experience of an insect like me is not exactly scientifically convincing (or convincing on any level :) it is "anti karma" as we know it. Everyone gets "welcomed back" - the good, the bad and the indifferent.

My impression during the experience was that the universe doesn't care about what we call "good" or "bad" any more than we would judge the performance of microbes'. Bad microbe! Your microbial activity is appalling! Lift your game! Maybe not ...

The sense I had was that each life lived just means the universe learns a tiny bit more about itself - becomes a little smarter. Maybe there's karma in the way you get reabsorbed - plain old cause and effect - but I got scared at that point and backed off.

It's probably all gibberish but maybe not much worse than some other gibberish floating around ...

Soundcloud stream