View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

I'm no philosopher by any stretch of the imagination (and there are some serious heavy-hitters on this thread) but heres my simplistic interpretation:

Karma, which means 'deed', is basically a cause & effect theory which assumes that the energy on the planet doesnt dissipate. Its transfers.

..that all natural elements never disappear but simply change form and since all life is mostly made up of water and gases, whenever a water molecule leaves a surface and diffuses into a surrounding gases, it is said to have evaporated. Each molecule which transitions between a more associated (liquid) and a less associated (vapor/gas) state does so through the absorption or release of kinetic energy.

The consequence of this energy transfer is called Karma. For example, we dont die -as in end-. We evaporate and disintegrate into the atmosphere and the elements and reappear in another form which is loosely determined by the previous actions of this energy.

Karma is an attempt to identify and define what happens to this energy in the context of actions and reactions. It is incorrect to assume that karma means a pre-determined fate. A change of action can change the course of the reaction.
By giving it another layer of morality as to how this energy was spent it its past form and therefore determining where it goes next, ( An eastern interpretation of St Peter.. Pearly gates.. perhaps ) it tries to answer the eternal human questions - " Who am I, what am I doing here, and what happens to me when I'm gone".

In other words, you bear the consequences of your actions most of the time. But if there's some terrible shitez going down thats beyond your control or you just won the lottery, its probably the after effects of some long forgotten tsunami in the cycle of energy, that is you.

Like all time worn theories, a lot of hocus-pocus has been added by vested interests over the eons.

PS- just read my post again, boy, have I tied myself up in knots, lol.

.......But I'll leave it since i think this thread allows a little leeway for some 'drummer-as-philosopher' whackiness

Last edited by aydee; 10-21-2013 at 08:10 AM.