View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

After some delays and flakes (I THINK!!) I think we are finally about to get a lockout unit. Some buddies want to use it to jam, and my involvement is just that I want to set up my kit and play regularly for the first time in years. It's been 5 years since I've had a kit set up for me to play at my leisure.

What I'm going to be bringing in there is this Gretsch kit I bought on eBay sometime in early 05. It was a player kit that was rewrapped in Blue Sparkle and missing some parts. I had to add flanged hoops to the toms and Ludwig hoops to the kick. 12-16-22. There was a 13" tom too but the seam is in bad shape and it doesn't have lugs so it's kicked aside (because I normally do 4-pieces anyway). This kit was the one I probably played the most between when I got it and when I had to move and stop playing at the start of 08. Depending on how 'into' drums I get again, I'd like to consider this as a future re-wrap candidate (or maybe even blonde maple or whatever they call it, Charlie Watts style, if I would be able to), but that's so far off I might as well not even think it for now.

I'm probably going to bring the pictured custom 6.5x13 Gretsch snare in burgundy, but I still haven't decided what 14" snare to bring... I'll probably end up bringing 5 of them, lol. I got my RB champagne sparkle player (with flanged hoops sounds fantastic), RB COB, Ludwig 60's Blue sparkle Jazzfest, 60's 5 and 6.5 Supras, 60's 5" Acro...

Anyhow, here's a bad photo.

Last edited by AGiampa; 10-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.