View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: The generation that the doctors betrayed

Wouldn't it be great if nobody ever died ever again? Maybe someday doctors will be able to save everyone from dying. Oh! What a happy, happy world it would be.

I'm 44 and I take no medication. I'm sure that if I went to the doc, he/she would find a few pills that I could take, yet I continue to live prescription free. It hasn't always been like this. I did have to take one pill for about ten years. It shrank my brain tumor. Now I'm just enjoying my second chance in life.

I guess genetically I'm lucky in a few ways, but not knowing me or where I came from, you would have a few preconceived notions about me if you met me.

So, I was born in '69. My mom went to work and dad stayed home and raised us. Mom breastfed me a couple years, and we hardly ever ate out. I wasn't very well-behaved. I didn't really start eating fast food a lot until I started working. When I was married I ate healthy, organic food because my wife was a health nut from Europe. They eat cleaner food I think.

I think the food that moms and dads are shoving down their kids throats is partly causing all the rampant autism and AD disorders. I'd like to go back to eating that healthy way again. I am just so burned out on eating the junk fast food, but eating really healthy everyday is expensive at restaurants and diners. I don't have my own kitchen right now, but I can't wait to go back to good, healthy home cooked food everyday. I really miss my own cooking. :(

I can't afford a doctor or health insurance. My new job doesn't have benefits. Now I'm being forced by the government to get insurance eventually. I'll probably have to go bankrupt just to afford my "affordable" bottom feeder health insurance solution. They don't really give a crap about us. We have a serious case of an aging population. The main reason they want all of us to get health care is so that younger people will supplement all these old people who are retiring and want to stay alive for as long as humanly possible using the wonders of modern Western Medicine. I mean, who can blame them? We are, after all, human.