View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
I know it's impossible to account for all the "what if's".......but nonetheless, they've gotta be worth at least some consideration and discussion, no?*
Ya got me there PFOG. The "what-if's" are the devil in the details. But I can only speak for "what I've experienced."

My kids (3 boys) are all grown and ready to commit atrocities of their own. I can't defend their actions, but if I've a gun, I may be able to stop them!?!

I really wish that firearms weren't necessary, but I firmly believe that only I can account for my own future. I don't think that my government can provide my health care, provide for my retirement or secure my personal protection. The government has no idea how I want to live my elder-years and can only be re-active (not pro-active) in making my household safe.

That being said, only I can ensure my (and my family's) ultimate future - to the best of my ability.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, and apologize in advance for any misconceptions of my type-written word. It'd be best if we could discuss my point of view face-to-face over a beer, but this will have to do for now. In short, I'd like to retain responsibility over as many facets of my life as possible - so that when, at the end of my life, I won't have cause to question culpability.