View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Why are we all denied the right to carry machine guns? Criminals have them so why does the interfering government draw the line at semi automatic weapons? The world would be a happier place if everyone walked around with an Uzi on their shoulder - especially undertakers and chiropractors ...
In the US, the demise of fully automatic firearms was the National Firearms Act of 1934. J. Edgar Hoover was the Director of the Bureau of Investigation (which in 1935 became the FBI) and pushed the legislation. In those days, machine gun toting gangsters offered "protection" for small shop owners. If you didn't accept their offer of "protection," your unprotected shop became a statistic. Since it was legal, many shop owners bought their own machine guns to protect themselves from the "protectors."

Gangsters found themselves in a pickle - outgunned and potentially out of work, they went to the only source that could fix the problem: J. Edgar Hoover! Being somewhat of a gangster himself, he spearheaded the NFA of 1934 and VOILA!, the gangsters were back in business!

Today, it's no different. Criminals ignore the laws and put us responsible folks in jeopardy. Government wants to make it so I cannot protect my family and property. Shouldn't I be legally allowed to possess the same firepower as my enemy as long as I don't endanger my neighbor?