View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoSyzygy View Post
As an Australian, I often feel sorry for a lot of Americans, who always cite the 'rights' about carrying guns but hardly ever do I hear about the responsibility.

Here in Australia guns were outlawed when some angry halfwit took out 35 people in Tasmania.

The population is dumbing dowm, and people are less educated, less responsible, more desperate and doing it tougher than ever. Allowing these people to have guns is ludicrous in my opinion.
Ah, yes. The good ol' "but they took our guns away in Australia and we're doing just fine" argument.

Well, good for you guys! But one thing that the Australians, Canadians, and Europeans continue to neglect time and time again is that your countries do not share the same historical and cultural ties to guns that the United States does. We've had guns since the very beginning. Our country was built by guns. And we've defended our homes and property with them ever since. Our law enforcement agencies rely on them on a daily basis.

It's not that your theory is a bad one, it's just that it's 150 years to late. If this dialog was happening way before the time of Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning, then maybe the U.S. would be like Aus, Europe, and the Canadians. But like I said in a previous post, that ship sailed for us a long time ago.