View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastille View Post
I agree with JasperGTR wholeheartedly. When you take away guns, the only people left with them are criminals. Oddly enough, no anti-gun advocates ever seem to have a good response to that. There are tons of statistics showing that more guns = less violent crime (or that less guns = more violent crime, however you want to see it). Look at Chicago's violent crime trends lately.
I'm a gun owner and I do have a good response to that:

Lots of people should be prohibited from owning guns and/or having access to them, not just criminals. These include: mental defectives, violent people, men who are about to kill their families, men who are stalking women and children and people who want to wipe out dozens of people in a few minutes. In some cases, we can keep guns out of the hands of these people through better enforcement of laws or closing loopholes. In other cases, we can't.

Like the majority of gun owners in the US, I support reasonable restrictions aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, insane people, children, drunken idiots and people with violent histories. As long as the regulations are carefully written, fairly enforced and correctly targeted, they will help reduce gun violence.