View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
I totally understand this and could not agree more, however, this is where lack of education comes to play (I feel). We have 3 firearms (for now) in my home, and I have made sure that all of my family members, including children, understand what a gun does and can potentially do, how each one operates, how to use them, and how to maintain them. Because of this, it is almost as if we have no firearms. They are never brought out, shown off, played with, or even thought of. They have no more importance than say, my TV, because the curiosity is simply not there. They are just another thing in my house.
Understood. But the original question was, why would someone not want to keep firearms in the house? Answer: because the chance of an accidental shooting pretty much drops to zero.

You didn't state if you keep your guns disabled or locked or locked up. If you don't, any other kid wandering into the home might find the gun and you don't know their level of training. Kids will tell you anything you want to hear at the time, but when you're not around, they may well tell a friend, "Psssst, wanna see my dad's gun? It's not locked or anything. It's just like one of those in the movies .... "