View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Senior Consultant

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolInTheRain View Post
I don't have the stats. But I do know that it happens, and that it can happen to anybody at any time. My in-laws live in a very affluent neighborhood in Houston...the neighborhood that you'd think never sees any sort of crime. In the last 12 months there have been 5 reported home invasions that happened during daylight hours. The residents were held captive while their homes were ransacked. A few of them were beaten. It can happen, and it does.

Some parts of the globe, perhaps they do. Regardless, that ship sailed for the U.S a pretty long time ago. Our history and culture has been brewing with guns a part of the recipe for hundreds of years. Attempting to solve the riddle of American gun violence by replacing it with a Utopian ideologue is futile....and incredible silly to boot.
I'm not going to get into a gun debate here but you mentioned that people had their homes broken into and they were held hostage. Frankly, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. I would need to see stats. But, just a quick question, do you know if any of those Texans (whom I assume have guns) actually defended their homes successfully with their guns?

And I know that that ship sailed long ago regarding guns in the US.

It's kind of funny that a New Yorker and a Texan are discussing guns. Anyone can tell how that is going to end up. For those outside the US, New York has the toughest gun control laws in the States and Texas is one of the champions of the pro-gun debate.

Anyway, lets just agree to disagree because we certainly are not going to convince the other of anything.

Take care.