View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
I guess if you like hunting or target shooting that's cool. But for home defense, get real. How many gun owners have actually successfully defended their homes vs how many have either accidentally or in anger have shot someone who did not deserve it?
I don't have the stats. But I do know that it happens, and that it can happen to anybody at any time. My in-laws live in a very affluent neighborhood in Houston...the neighborhood that you'd think never sees any sort of crime. In the last 12 months there have been 5 reported home invasions that happened during daylight hours. The residents were held captive while their homes were ransacked. A few of them were beaten. It can happen, and it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
Somehow the rest of the world manages to get by without an armed populace.
Some parts of the globe, perhaps they do. Regardless, that ship sailed for the U.S a pretty long time ago. Our history and culture has been brewing with guns a part of the recipe for hundreds of years. Attempting to solve the riddle of American gun violence by replacing it with a Utopian ideologue is futile....and incredible silly to boot.