View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: A tale of two Iron Cobras

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
I've got the double pedal Power Glides myself. One thing I've noticed about the Iron Cobras vs my DW 3000's is that I feel A LOT of the impact of the beater hitting the drum head through the DW 3000 footboards compared to the IC's. I can really really dig in with the IC and barely feel anything while after about 10 minutes with the DW3000 my leg starts to wear out from the vibrations and having to work a bit harder as the DW 3000 is a bit sluggish on the stroke and return.

The IC is a fantastic pedal but I too am left wondering if I would like the action of the Rolling Glide more. Oh well, I'm just glad to be able to have the IC's.
I am assuming the problems you are experiencing is because the 3000 and the IC are not in the same ballpark. Iron Cobras are a legitimate professional level pedal. The DW 3000 are entry level pedals. The only pro level DW's are the 5000 and 9000. Go play a set of 9000's and I think you will find them to be every bit as smooth as an Iron Cobra.

I own both sets of pedals, I practice with the 9000 but gig the IC. I get a better "feel" off the IC and that is why I play it in high volume situations where I cant always hear the bass drum very well.