View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
The chance of you, a family member or a guest getting shot goes up astronomically if you keep a gun in the home. If you do not have a gun in your home, it is pretty much impossible for anyone to be accidentally shot in your home, or intentionally shot with a gun you own. That fact alone is good enough reason for many people to not want a firearm in their home. Keeping that in mind, most guns in homes never shoot anyone, intentionally or not.
I totally understand this and could not agree more, however, this is where lack of education comes to play (I feel). We have 3 firearms (for now) in my home, and I have made sure that all of my family members, including children, understand what a gun does and can potentially do, how each one operates, how to use them, and how to maintain them. Because of this, it is almost as if we have no firearms. They are never brought out, shown off, played with, or even thought of. They have no more importance than say, my TV, because the curiosity is simply not there. They are just another thing in my house.