View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
That is big no-no. Finger off the trigger or not, did anyone else know he even had a gun at practice? And not only that, the shooter must always know what is behind his target (the floor in this case), because bullets over travel and do ricochet. In this case, if the gun had gone off, you could have been hit by a ricocheting round.

Guns and alcohol do not mix. I don't care who you are. This is how accidents happen.

I am pro-gun, and I think everyone has the right to own and operate a firearm. But if you are going to do so, you MUST learn proper gun safety, proper operation and maintenance of EVERY firearm you own, and what the ballistics are for your particular firearm because not all bullets act the same and can do some weird things once fired. Band practice is no place for a firearm.
I agree, guns and alcohol DO NOT MIX. Also, no matter whether you are impaired or not, when you pull the trigger you are responsible for everything that bullet does from the moment it leaves the barrel until it comes to a complete stop.