View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
That is big no-no. Finger off the trigger or not, did anyone else know he even had a gun at practice? And not only that, the shooter must always know what is behind his target (the floor in this case), because bullets over travel and do ricochet. In this case, if the gun had gone off, you could have been hit by a ricocheting round.

Guns and alcohol do not mix. I don't care who you are. This is how accidents happen.

I am pro-gun, and I think everyone has the right to own and operate a firearm. But if you are going to do so, you MUST learn proper gun safety, proper operation and maintenance of EVERY firearm you own, and what the ballistics are for your particular firearm because not all bullets act the same and can do some weird things once fired. Band practice is no place for a firearm.
good point, it was a concrete floor under the thin carpet. I never thought of that. I didn't know he was packing. He most likely has a permit for a concealed weapon, however I wasn't happy to see it in his hand. im sure he would spout off about how safe he is if I dared question him about it.